Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying and editing pattern fills, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another great way to enhance your artwork inside of Illustrator is to…utilize pattern fills.…And in Illustrator CS6, the control that you get over pattern fills is actually…even better than it's ever been.…I'm going to show you in this movie how to add a basic pattern fill to an…object, and then later on I'll show you how to edit that fill as well.…Once we've got the basics down, we'll then move forward and I'll show you how to…create your own patterns from your own artwork in a future movie.…Let's get started by creating a brand-new document.…I'll just hit Ctrl+N or Command+N on my keyboard to create a New Document.…
I'll select a Print Profile in this case, and I'll make sure I'm in Landscape…Orientation and hit OK.…So basically I'm working on 8.5x11 sheet of paper, and I'm going to add just a…basic shape out to the artboard.…So I'll just grab a rectangle and draw it up.…I'll target the stroke first and turn that off and then I'll target the fill.…By default in Illustrator, you have some pattern fills already in the Swatches…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.