Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying colors to your mockup, part of Illustrator for Web Design: Aesthetics.
- Now that we have all of our Global Color Swatches created,…let's go ahead and start applying this to our wireframe…that we brought in earlier.…So, what I'm going to do is I'm just going to start…applying colors to this, and we're going to see…exactly how it plays out.…We want to make sure that when we're…applying colors to this, that we stick to…a very repetitive color scheme,…so that we have some rhythm as we go down the page.…We also want to make sure that we create contrast…between elements, so we don't want…two sections of the web page that inherit the same color…because then those sections will just run together.…
So the first section up here at the top,…that's the big bold section of the design,…and we want people to instantly be attracted to that,…so we want it to have a vast amount of contrast…between it and the section right underneath it.…So the easiest way to do that is to use the darkest colors…and the lightest colors in the design.…I'm going to start with a darker color…up here at the top, so I'm going to pick…
- Finding color inspiration
- Applying color
- Choosing the right typeface
- Using character and paragraph styles
- Optimizing graphics in Photoshop
- Placing photos and vector artwork in Illustrator
- Creating buttons and other UI elements
- Organizing and sharing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator for Web Design: Core Conceptswith Justin Seeley1h 33m Intermediate
1. Working with Color
2. Working with Text
3. Working with Images
4. Creating UI Elements
Designing your navigation4m 57s
5. Last Steps
Taking the next step1m 42s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.