Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Applying artwork to the grid, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
There may come a time, as you continue to work with objects and perspective, that…you want to take three-dimensional Space.…This could be a logo, or a symbol that you created in another document, or…it could be simply text that you want to type out, and put on the side of the building.…For instance, in this document, I want to put something that says, the Roux Academy…right here across the top of the building.…And so, in order to do that, I need to create a text layer.…When I select the Text tool, I can click to start adding text, however, you'll…notice when I do that, that the text I entered does not enter in perspective.…
Once I have my text out there,…I can then select it, and I can blow it up little bit -- let's increase that to maybe…something like 24 points --…and then I'll change the font -- something like Georgia -- and so I want to put this…on the side of the building.…But if I just drag this down, and move it on top, it doesn't do anything.…But I've got the right grid selected, so why isn't it snapping to that?…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.