Join Von Glitschka for an in-depth discussion in this video Anyone can draw, part of Drawing Vector Graphics.
- View Offline
It may surprise you when I say this, but anyone can draw. Think about it.…As kids, we all draw.…We don't worry about it how well we render something.…We're doing it for the pure enjoyment of being creative.…The only reason anyone stops is mainly due to fear.…After we get older and more self-conscious many stop drawing, because they …don't feel they have what it takes to do it well enough.…In this movie I want to encourage you to set aside this fear and make drawing …a routine creative habit.…
There is no secret to drawing better.…The only way to get better is to keep drawing and never stop drawing whenever…you have the opportunity to draw.…When I say draw I'm not talking about fine art pencil renderings.…If that's what happens for some of you, great, but we are after expression of…ideas in a drawn form.…Being able to capture those ideas then take them to the next level enabling you…to build better vector graphics.…
The key to improving your drawing ability is to stay consistent with it.…The easiest way to do this is to make access to drawing easier.…
- What is illustrative design?
- Establishing a creative brief
- Defining client expectations
- Exploring creative thinking exercises
- Art directing your drawing
- Selecting an appropriate style for each project
- Drawing and thumbnail sketching
- Discerning anchor point placement
- Building vector drawings with shapes
- Presenting your illustrations