Learn how to align and transform multiple artboards.
- [Voiceover] It's now also very easy…to align and transform multiple art boards.…I've got a demonstration document open here…that just has a bunch of different art boards inside of it.…If you have access to the exercise files,…you could use this one,…although you could make any document really…of your own to play along here.…Okay, so I'm just going to select the art board tool…by holding down shift and tapping O on my keyboard,…and then I'm going to select some art boards here…and just move them around into some sort of…random order like so. There we go.…
And then I'm going to hold down the shift key,…click on the canvas, release the shift key,…and drag across those art boards, or at least some of them,…as I did in the previous movie.…In fact, I'll hold down shift and click…on this final art board just here.…Now I'm going to align them.…If you look at the properties panel,…you'll see that it's noticed I've got an art board…or a bunch of art boards selected,…and I can do a number of things with them.…To align them, the alignment controls are available here,…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.