Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Aligning and distributing objects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Even with the use of Smart Guides inside of Adobe Illustrator it can be…somewhat difficult to lineup multiple objects or even distribute them evenly across a page.…In this movie, I'll show you exactly how to utilize some of the Alignment…commands inside of Illustrator to lineup your artwork and evenly distribute it…in multiple directions.…As you can see here I've got several circles on my artboard, and they are all…scattered about, but I want to make sure that they line up properly and that…they are evenly distributed across the page.…Maybe I am showing multiple versions of a logo and I don't want the position of…one of them to throw the client off when they are picking one.…
I want everything to be right in the middle so they can just go straight across…and look at all the different versions.…In order to utilize the Alignment tools inside of Illustrator you can go to two places;…one would be the Control panel. Remember that's the area that stretches all the…way across the top, like so. Or you can bring up the Alignment panel by going to…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.