Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting appearance with live effects, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
Another great way to change the appearance of objects that you create is to…utilize Illustrator's Effects, and in this movie, I'll be exploring ways that you can…apply these effects to change the look and feel of the artwork that you create.…The first thing you have to do is target an object on screen.…In order to do that, just grab your Selection tool, and click an object.…In this case, I'll select this form field right here.…I am also going to make sure that I'm working on the fill, because I might make some…changes to it down the road.…In order to start making effects, you have to first target an object, like I said,…and then go up to the Effect menu, and find the effects that you want.…
When you look at the Effect menu, you're going to see that there are two separate types of effects.…The first are Illustrator effects; the second are what are called Photoshop effects.…These top effects here are what we call live effects.…They're able to be applied, edited, and reapplied at a moment's notice.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.