Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting Illustrator color settings, part of Illustrator CS6 Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Before creating your first swatch inside of Illustrator, it's important to…understand the different settings for color that you're able to change prior to…getting started with the document or even after you have open up a document, how…to modify those settings after the fact.…In this movie I'll be walking you through Illustrator's Color Settings panel and…how to navigate it and exactly what everything means.…In order to open up Illustrator's Color Settings dialog box, you need to go up…to the Edit menu and go down and choose Color Settings, or you can simply use…the keyboard shortcut Shift+Ctrl+K on the PC, Shift+Command+K on the Mac.…
Once you open that up, you are going to see that the Color Settings dialog box…has a lot of information in it.…It tells you at the top, For more information on color settings…you can search for "setting up color management" in the Help document.…The Help documentation on color is actually really good in Illustrator, so I…recommend reading through that if you have the opportunity.…
- Understanding vector graphics
- Creating and setting up files for print or web destinations
- Selecting and transforming objects on the page
- Creating spot colors
- Applying fills, strokes, and gradients to artwork
- Adjusting appearances and effects
- Working with anchor points and paths
- Drawing with the Pen tool
- Creating text
- Managing layers
- Creating and using symbols
- Printing, saving, and exporting artwork
Skill Level Beginner
What is Illustrator?1m 15s
1. Getting Started
2. Working with Documents
3. Selecting and Transforming Objects
4. Working with Color
5. Working with Fills and Strokes
6. Working with Paths
7. Creating Shapes
8. Don't Be Afraid of the Pen Tool
9. Using Type in Illustrator
10. Adjusting Appearance
11. Working with Layers
12. Working with Images
13. Creating and Using Symbols
14. Drawing in Perspective
15. Printing, Saving, and Exporting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.