A T-shirt is never complete without the stitching detail. Learn to draw stitch lines that consistently run parallel to the curves of the T-shirt flat using the Pen tool and Anchor Point tool. Easily turn them into stitches using the dashed line graphic st
- [Instructor] Alright, now it's time…to add some stitches to this t-shirt.…And stitches are pretty easy…because we set up stitches graphic style.…So let's zoom in to the hem of the t-shirt first…and add the stitches there.…We're going to start with the white arrow…and we're going to copy the hemline of the shirt.…So, we'll just grab that, copy, command C.…And this time, instead of pasting in back,…we're going to past in front.…And that is command F or control F for front.…
So command F, paste in front.…And now with the arrow keys on your keyboard,…you're going to nudge this up two or three clicks…to where you want the hem to sit.…And then click on the stitches graphic style.…And we've got stitching on our hem.…For the sleeve, we're going to do it a little differently.…Since it's on an angle…and if we nudge things, it sort of moves oddly.…I'm just going to grab the pen tool…and go ahead and draw a path where I want my stitches to be.…And because I'd already clicked on stitches,…it's giving me stitches,…but we'll just click again…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.