In this video, learn how to add the back neckline and sleeves to a T-shirt bodice. Robin covers shortcuts for copy and paste to back; closing a path with Join; adding anchor points with the Add Anchor Point tool; and manipulating paths with the Direct Sel
- [Instructor] In this movie we're going to add the…back neckline and the sleeves.…Let's start with the white arrow, the Direct Selection Tool.…We're going to copy the back neckline,…now it's really important that we copy this piece here,…but we don't select the anchor points at the top.…If you do select the anchor points at the top,…let me show you what happens.…We're going to copy, I'm going to paste,…and you can see it also took the shoulders…and the only thing I want is the neckline.…So let me undo that.…
And we're going to go back and just select this.…You can either just click on it,…or you can drag from outside the flat to inside the flat.…If you drag from inside to outside, you're going to move it,…and if you do move it, rather than trying to move it…back in place you should command z or control z,…so it moves back exactly where it was,…remember that's the shortcut for undo,…and it is the best command ever created…in the history of computing.…
We're going to select this, we're going to copy,…which is command c or control c,…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.