Learn how to create sleeves with cuffs using the Shape Builder tool.
- [Woman] Now it's time to add sleeves.…We can do this the same way…we did on the t-shirt and the polo shirt.…We're going to switch back to the direct selection tool,…the white arrow without the plus sign.…We're going to click on the sleeve,…copy it,…paste in back,…right-click, join.…Let's zoom out just a little bit…so we can see the whole arm.…We're going to add those two anchor points,…one up here, one down here,…Back to the white arrow,…click in-between the anchor points…and we're going to drag the sleeve…all the way down to the bottom of the sleeve template.…
Now we need to divide the cuff,…because there's going to be a cuff…at the bottom of this sleeve.…We're going to grab the pen tool.…I'm going to draw a line where I want the cuff to be divided,…make sure it has no fill.…We can then, with the black arrow,…select the sleeve and the cuff.…We're going to use the shape builder tool,…and we're going to go ahead and click…to separate the cuff,…and then option or alt + click…to get rid of these little pieces that are sticking out…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.