Learn how to add pins to artwork for distortion.
- [Voiceover] So I have this file…that I've created for the purpose of this movie.…If you have access to this, then you'll be…welcome to work along with it.…Of course, you could use any of your own artwork as well.…Here's the scenario. My art director or client…has come along to me and said, "Do you know what?…I'm kind of not happy with the pose of that dragon.…I'd like his head to be more central.…And do something with the wings,…they're a bit too symmetrical."…So I'm going to fix that.…
First of all, I'm going to pop to my layers…and I have the baby dragon here on its own layer.…I'm also going to unlock the sign as well,…because I'll use that too.…And I'll select the dragon baby…and then reopen my properties panel.…So what I need to do here is place some pins.…You need at least three to make this work,…and I'll get the puppet warp tool here from the toolbox,…and then I'll come along and click.…And you'll notice straight away,…it gets covered in a load of polygons.…
It draws a mesh over it pretty much…the same way as it would in Photoshop.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.