Learn how to add details like welt pockets and pocket flaps.
- [Woman] Now it's time to add some details to the blazer.…Let's start at the top and work our way down.…There should be a line of stitches directly…beneath the Collar Stand seam,…so we're going to go ahead and select that.…And I can't, because it's in the locked…layer for the lapel, so let's unlock that.…Select it.…Copy, paste in front.…Nudge it down.…And give it stitches.…
Let's lock the lapel layer again,…and go back to the layer that has our jacket on it.…The inner lining of a blazer usually has a pleat up here,…so we're going to grab the pen tool,…and we're going to draw a little upside down V…to indicate the pleat, like that.…This should be no fill.…And that's a little bit thick,…so let's go to our stroke panel…and change the line weight to point 5.…And also, go down to the profile…and select the first one to finesse it a little bit.…Looks nicer that way.…
Moving down, we need to add buttons.…Buttons are always drawn on the center,…so we can go to our shape tools…and grab the ellipse tool.…We're going to start where the guidelines intersect.…
Robin Schneider—a fashion designer and Otis College of Art and Design instructor—teaches you how to easily master the Pen tool as she walks you through drawing shirts, pants, skirts, and blazers. Learn how to maximize the power of Illustrator with Pathfinder, organize layers for quick and easy editing, and create custom symbol libraries. Plus, get tips and tricks to increase productivity and learn to lay out your designs in presentation-worthy line sheets.
- What is a CAD flat?
- Drawing shapes
- Editing shapes: rotating and joining
- Setting up your workspace
- Using a template
- Drawing shirts and blazers
- Drawing skirts, trousers, and jeans
- Creating symbols for buttons
- Creating professional quality layouts
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop for Fashion Design: Rendering Techniqueswith Robin Schneider4h 52m Appropriate for all
Illustrator for Fashion Design: Creating Brusheswith Robin Schneider2h 40m Intermediate
Drawing Foundations: Light and Shadowwith Will Kemp1h 52m Intermediate
1. Getting Started: The Basics
2. Creating a Start File
3. Drawing a Basic T-Shirt
4. Drawing a Polo Shirt
5. Drawing a Button-Down Shirt
6. Drawing a Blazer
7. Drawing Pants
8. Drawing Skirts
9. Creating Symbols
10. Finishing Touches
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.