Rapidly accessing tool options via the Properties panel.
- [Instructor] It's worth keeping an eye…on the top right-hand corner of the Properties panel…because you can access other things here…such as tool options.…Now the historic way of accessing tool options…is to move over to the toolbox, double-click on the tool…you want to access, and then change its options and commit.…I'll show you.…For example, if I wanted to work with the blob brush,…I'm going to hold down shift and tap b on my keyboard…to get that, I might well be working over here,…and then I'll move over here, double-click,…then back into the middle of the screen and commit…and then potentially on from there.…
Here, in the Properties panel, I have this Tool Options…which saves me at least a click and even a click…takes you some time, and if you're doing it…throughout the day, as I said in the last movie,…it really does add up, but now I can do that…and change like so.…Do keep an eye on it.…Several tools will have behaviors to allow you…to get to their options and that's a much quicker way…to work with them.…
- Using the new Properties panel
- Text enhancements
- Exploring the new live character options
- Using the Touch Type tool with variable fonts
- Using stylistic sets
- Exporting multiple assets and single assets
- Working with the new Puppet Warp tool
- Aligning and transforming multiple artboards
- Working with the New Document dialog features
Skill Level Intermediate
Q. What topics were part of the course update that occurred 04/30/2018?
A. The following topics were part of the update: opening files in Illustrator; and simplifed use of Variable Data in Illustrator.
Illustrator: Creating Custom Brusheswith Emily Kay2h 19m Intermediate
1. A New Look for Illustrator
2. Text Enhancements
3. Asset Export
4. Illustrator Puppet Warp
Puppet Warp tips3m 23s
5. Artboards Enhancements
6. Additional New Features and Improvements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.