In this video, learn how to create logos that are based on abstract shapes in Adobe Illustrator. See examples of successful logos that feature abstract shapes.
- [Instructor] Some businesses lend themselves to … certain types of symbolism, or can be represented … by easily identified tools or common motifs. … For other industries, where the scope of services is broad, … a more abstract approach might be preferable. … So here are a couple of case studies suggested … logo that we want to refresh, … while at the same time maintaining it's essence. … This example is inspired by Michael Bay Roots, … reworking of the Saks 5th Avenue logo … which appears on their shopping bags. … So this is hypothetically my logo and I want to … dice it up into segments and rotate each of those … segments through different increments of 90 degrees. … The red rectangle at the back is just there … go through a phase where the type actually becomes … invisible, so the red rectangle is just there so … that the type shows up. … I'll be using my layers panel to do this. … What I want to do is have four clipping masks, … and when I make something into a clipping mask, … it will lose it's fill and it's stroke. …
- Choosing the right typeface
- Exploring type variables
- Replacing letters with words
- Creating a circular logo
- Creating a hand-drawn logo
- Designing with simple shapes
- Offsetting multiple paths
- Creating isometric type
- Adding gloss, texture, beveled edges, and transparency
- Designing with negative space
- Choosing logo colors
- Converting colors
- Preparing final files
Skill Level Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Type Effectswith Nigel French2h 51m Intermediate
Side Hustle Strategies for Designerswith Dustin Lee1h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop for Designers: Working with Illustratorwith Nigel French2h 45m Intermediate
What makes a good logo3m 48s
1. Exploring Type Variables
2. Simple Type Treatments
3. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 1
4. Designing with Simple Shapes: Part 2
5. Advanced Techniques
6. Logo Effects
7. Choosing Logo Colors
8. Finalizing the Logo
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.