Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Mastery
In Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Mastery, the third and final part of the comprehensive Illustrator One-on-One series, author and industry expert Deke McClelland shows how to take advantage of the wide array of dynamic effects in Illustrator CS5. Deke explores Illustrator’s powerful Gradient Mesh feature, great for creating photorealistic airbrushing effects. He also covers graphic styles, the liquify tools, envelope-style distortions, the new Bristle Brushes, 3D text, and perspective drawing. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Working with dynamic effects
- Placing artwork as a Photoshop Smart Object
- Creating and editing a Gradient Mesh
- Distorting artwork with an Envelope Mesh
- Using the Calligraphic, Art, and Scatter Brushes
- Creating an intricate Pattern Brush
- Importing and graphing data
- Creating a complex pictograph
- Drawing and editing a perspective shape
- Working with the new Perspective Grid tool
- Using the 3D Revolve effect
- Creating 3D type with Extrude & Bevel
- Recording and playing automated actions
Hi, I am Deke McClelland. Hello and welcome to Illustrator CS5 One-on-One Mastery, the third and final installment in my cradle-to-grave, everything you need to know series on Adobe Illustrator. In these movies I'll reveal Illustrator's most mysterious features, the ones that you're least likely to learn on your own through trial and error or plowing through the online help. Meanwhile, these are the features that are likely to have the most profound effect on the flexibility and quality of your work.
In other words, you'll be more efficient and your artwork will look that much better. Thank you for being here. Now, brace yourself to learn.
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Illustrator CS5 One-on-One: Mastery .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: The instructions for installing the dekeKeys don't work on my computer (which is running Mac OS X Lion). Is there an update to these?
- A: The dekeKeys distributed with this course will still work for Lion. You just need to add them to a slightly different folder than in previous versions of OS X.
Open a new Finder window and choose Go > Go to Folder. Type the following file path exactly as written below. Copying and pasting may result in an error.
~/Library/Preferences/Adobe Illustrator CS5 Settings/en_US
Move and/or copy/paste the dekeKeys to this folder and follow the rest of the instructions as outlined in the video, "Installing the dekeKeys keyboard shortcuts."
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views