Illustrator CS5 New Features
In Illustrator CS5 New Features, author Mordy Golding discusses noteworthy features and improvements in the latest upgrade of Adobe's vector graphics editor and drawing program. This course includes overviews of perspective drawing, expressive bristle brushes, and variable-width strokes, as well as anti-aliasing features for web design, a new Artboards panel, improvements to symbols and drawing modes, and integration with Adobe Flash Catalyst. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Creating complex art from basic shapes with the Shape Builder tool
- Transforming flat artwork using perspective grids and vanishing points
- Creating variable-width strokes
- Controlling dashed line length, corners, and gaps
- Creating original brushes using the Brushes panel
- Adding arrowheads to strokes
- Creating web-ready graphics, text, and slices
- Integrating with Flash Catalyst
- Hello. My name is Mordy Golding, and welcome to Illustrator CS5 New Features. You know, Illustrator is one of those applications that can help you do so many different kinds of things. And with Illustrator CS5, Adobe has added some great new features, and a wealth of enhancements. In this title, you'll learn how to use the new perspective grid feature to define vanishing points, to map two demensional artwork directly onto perspective planes, and also to adjust the thickness of stroke attributes along a path.
The artist in you will be inspired with an incredible new feature, bristle brush. It turns your pressure sensitive tablet and pen, like this Wacom Intuos 460 art pen, into a full range of responsive and realistic artist brushes. Perhaps most significantly, you'll learn about the small things in Illustrator CS5 that really make this upgrade worthwile. Enhancements like a new artboards panel, dash strokes that always line up correctly, better control over symbols, and a join command that actually lets you connect more than one path at a time.
These are the kinds of things that will make you wonder how you ever got by without that. So, join me in an in depth look at everything that's new about Illustrator CS5.
Illustrator CS4 One-on-One: Mastery560,522 Views
Illustrator CS4 One-on-One: Advanced599,291 Views
Illustrator CS5 New Features Overview8,180 Views
Illustrator CS4 Beyond the Basics745,884 Views
Illustrator CS2 FAQs127,010 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,913 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,307 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training631,862 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced392,023 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate547,277 Views