- View Offline
- Getting perfectly sized pixel graphics from Illustrator
- Setting up preferences in Illustrator for web design
- Creating custom document profiles
- Getting great color on the web
- Understanding web graphic file formats (GIF, JPG, PNG, SWF, and SVG)
- Setting great-looking type
- Slicing artwork for various tasks
- Creating Flash animations directly from Illustrator
- Working with Photoshop Smart Objects
- Exporting HTML and CSS from Illustrator
- Integrating with Flash Catalyst
Skill Level Intermediate
- Hi, my name is Mordy Golding, and welcome to Illustrator CS5 for Web and Interactive Design. If you're here, I'm assuming that you already have a working knowledge of Illustrator CS5. If not, I'd suggest that you first take a look at Illustrator CS5 Essential Training, here in the lynda.com online training library. Throughout this presentation, I'll show you how to create crisp, pixel-perfect graphics for use in websites, desktop applications, and mobile apps as well. I'll also show you how to design cool and functional interactive content for the Adobe Flash platform.
We'll get started by taking a look at the basics, understanding key web concepts like resolution, pixel dimensions, and anti-aliasing. Then we'll learn key strategies on how to set up files correctly, how to take advantage of time-saving features like multiple art boards, slicing, symbols and graphic styles, how to add cool effects like reflections, and also how to make your text look great. We'll even cover how to create quick and easy SWF animations directly from Illustrator. Perhaps most importantly, we'll talk about web design workflows, so that you can bring your artwork from Illustrator into other applications, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash Professional, Flash Catalyst, and even Flash Builder.
So, if you're ready to learn how to expand your creative talents, and I know you are, then let's get started with learning how to design graphics for the web and for interactive applications with Adobe Illustrator CS5.