Up and Running with Illustrator
This course is a streamlined introduction to Adobe's popular vector drawing application. Expert Deke McClelland shows how to create professional-quality illustrations for print and electronic output, in the shortest time possible. The course covers the basics of setting up artboards, formatting type, drawing and combing path outlines, and applying dynamic effects.
- Getting around an illustration
- Drawing shapes and brushstrokes
- Applying fills and strokes
- Designing custom gradients
- Creating type on a path
- Working with the Layers panel
- Scaling and rotating artwork
- Drawing with the pen tool
- Saving and exporting artwork
- Hi, I'm Deke McClelland. Welcome to Adobe Illustrator. Illustrator lets you create smooth line drawings, type treatments, and product artwork to make the slickest graphics in the business. The purpose of the following movies is to get you up and running with Illustrator in the shortest amount of time possible. I make no attempt to cover every feature in the software, far from it. Instead, I show you just those features that you need to know to make your first professionally designed illustration.
Specifically, I show you how to use Illustrator's wealth of drawing tools, both the easy ones and the hard ones, to create smooth line graphics. I show you how to modify your lines and shapes, or what Illustrator calls path outlines, to get the precise effect you're looking for. Note that I assume no prior knowledge of Illustrator. If you do happen to know a thing or two about the program, great. In the end, if you feel like there's more you'd like to learn, I'll point you in a couple of directions.
In the meantime, here's how to make the most of Illustrator.
11 Things Every Beginner Needs to Learn to Love Illustrator257,050 Views
Up and Running with Illustrator CS688,984 Views
Illustrator CS5 Essential Training3,177,235 Views
Illustrator Insider Training: Type and Text230,435 Views
Illustrator Insider Training: Rethinking the Essentials416,035 Views
Deke's Techniques1,435,609 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
InDesign CC Essential Training (2013)2,871,101 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2015)1,670,807 Views