- Drawing artwork versus building artwork
- Sketching ideas on paper
- Creating curves with the Reshape tool
- Recording actions for speed and accuracy
- Working with the Pathfinder functions
- Understanding how Live Paint works
- Using the Shape Builder tool
- Building and coloring artwork at the same time
- Turning variable-width strokes into filled paths
- Adjusting the behavior of the Pencil tool
- Drawing with the Calligraphic brush
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Voiceover] Hi, there. I'm Mordy Golding and welcome to Illustrator Insider Training, Drawing Without The Pen Tool. Illustrator has plenty of other drawing tools and functions that can help you draw art work more quickly, more efficiently, and more precisely. And that's what this course is all about. I'll begin by showing you how to think about art work before you start drawing it. This advance planning will give you a better idea about the tools that you'll use and the approach that you'll take to complete a drawing. Then, you'll learn how to draw basic shapes and paths, the basis for just about any art work.
Next, you'll explore the many ways to assemble art work. Turning basic shapes into more complex ones, using features like Pathfinder and the new shape builder tool that was added in Illustrator CS5. You also explore a powerful and often misunderstood feature called Live Paint. In addition, you'll learn new ways for adding expression to the paths that you create by modifying strokes with variable weights and thicknesses. Along the way, I'll share tips, insights, and advice on how to get the most out of using Adobe Illustrator.
Just as I always do in the Illustrator Insider Training series. So, if you're ready to spend more time expressing creative ideas, join me and learn how to draw in Illustrator without using the pen tool.
Illustrator: Rethinking the Essentialswith Mordy Golding5h 7m Intermediate
Illustrator: Seeing Through Transparencywith Mordy Golding2h 50m Intermediate
1. Core Drawing Concepts
2. Workflow: Drawing Paths
3. Pathfinder: Drawing with Math
4. Live Paint: Changing the Rules
5. Shape Builder: Building Artwork
6. Adding Expression: Variable Widths
7. Drawing with a Tablet
Next steps1m 28s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.