Illustrator CS4 Essential Training
Illustrator can be used to accomplish many different design tasks. For this reason, Illustrator CS4 Essential Training teaches core concepts and techniques that can be applied to any workflow for print, the web, or assets that will find their way into other applications. Mordy Golding explains the elements that make up vector graphics—paths, strokes, and fills—and shows how to use each of Illustrator's drawing tools. He demonstrates how to combine and clean up paths, and organize them into groups and layers. Mordy also covers text editing, working with color, expressive brush drawing, effects, and much more. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Making efficient use of the Illustrator interface
- Creating text on a path
- Using the Magic Wand and Lasso selection tools
- Working with a pressure-sensitive tablet
- Applying 3D extrusions and resolves
- Converting images to vectors with Live Trace
- Exporting files for use in Photoshop, Flash, and other applications
(Music playing.) Welcome to Illustrator CS4 Essential Training. My name is Mordy Golding. Having once been the product manager for Illustrator over at Adobe and having taught Illustrator for many, many years, if there is one thing that I have learned is that there is no one way to use Illustrator. In fact, Illustrator itself is used for such a wide variety of tasks to begin with. So the one thing that you won't find in this title is how to create a business card or how to create a logo inside of Illustrator. Rather in this title, I'll provide you all the tools and knowledge that you'll need to get started using Illustrator CS4. Once we get a basic understanding of exactly what vector graphics are, we'll learn how to use all of Illustrator's drawing tools and move forward from there.
Most importantly, by the end of this title, you'll have all of the knowledge that you need to tackle any design task. To really get the most out of this training, it's important to realize that using Illustrator is fun, at least it should be fun, and that's what this training is all about. Are you ready? Let's go!
Find answers to the most frequently asked questions about Illustrator CS4 Essential Training .
Here are the FAQs that matched your search "" :
- Q: I cannot get the new brush dropdown to allow me to create either a New Scatter Brush or a New Art Brush; the only ones I can click on are New Calligraphic Brush and New Pattern Brush. When I go to Windows > Brush Library and choose New Brush, again the only ones I can click on are New Calligraphic Brush and New Pattern Brush. How do I make these work like they should?
- A: In order to create a new Scatter or Art brush, you must first have artwork selected on the artboard.
Sorry, there are no matches for your search "" —to search again, type in another word or phrase and click search.
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,633,291 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery286,020 Views
Edge Animate Essential Training590,974 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Advanced376,037 Views
Illustrator CC Essential Training (2013)3,019,140 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Intermediate526,337 Views
Muse Essential Training1,405,772 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,533,490 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training999,394 Views