Learn what you should know before this course. As an introductory course, there are no prerequisites, but reading the ITIL® pocket guide wouldn't hurt; having some experience in IT would help some, too, but it is optional for this course.
- [Instructor] This course has no prerequisites, but some familiarity with the key outcomes that the individuals, teams, and organizations that provide IT services aim for and some of the practices they use to achieve them is helpful, as is having some experience in IT. I wrote this course mainly to help you get started learning about ITIL, both ITIL v3 and ITIL 4, and to help you get started understanding what it will take to pass the Foundation exam for either ITIL version if you choose to do so. If you're looking for ways to apply ITIL concepts, be sure to check out the other ITIL-related courses in this series, which cover topics like how to apply ITIL in a variety of ways and settings, and are designed to fill in the blanks for many topics that ITIL mentions but doesn't provide details on how to do.
So let's dig in.
- Why ITIL® matters for you and your organization
- Defining service management
- Identifying ITIL® v3 processes and functions
- Assessing ITIL® v3 roles, technology, and architecture
- Comparing ITIL® v3 and 4
- Identifying the 18 practices of ITIL® 4
- Reviewing the ITIL® v3 and 4 certification scheme
- Preparing to pass the ITIL® exam
Skill Level Beginner
1. Service Management and ITIL®
2. Learning ITIL® v3 Basic Concepts
3. ITIL® v4
4. Certification Prep
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.