In this installment of the Putting ITIL® into Practice series, get a practical start at applying DevOps concepts within your ITIL®-driven enterprise IT organization. Examine where DevOps and ITIL intersect, and how to adapt both ITIL® and DevOps for each other in an enterprise setting.
- [David] While there's a lot written on DevOps and ITIL, there is isn't much written on their intersection. This leaves the two million plus ITIL-certified IT pros grappling with how they integrate DevOps into their ITIL-driven shops. I'm Dave Pultorak, and I contributed to ITIL Version 2 and have helped people apply ITIL for over 20 years. This course is part of the Putting ITIL Into Practice series. The goal of the series is to help you apply ITIL, including filling in the blanks on key and emerging topics. At the end of this course you'll have learned what to know and what to do at the intersection of DevOps practices and your ITIL-driven shop, taking enterprise challenges into consideration.
- What DevOps and enterprise DevOps have in common
- DevOps and enterprise IT challenges
- Enterprise-level change control and release gates
- DevOps values, principles, and methods
- ITIL®-driven shops and DevOps
- Reviewing the service lifecycle
- Strategy, design, operations, and CSI processes
- Technology and architecture