In this video, learn the steps of the value stream mapping process, including how to capture the current and future state.
- [Instructor] Use value stream mapping to visualize … where a current value stream provides … and fails to provide the value to a consumer. … Use it to show the inputs, outputs, and … steps to the value stream. … And for each step, waiting and cycle time and … value and non-value added activities. … Here are the definitions of cycle time and waiting time … for your reference in this conversation. … Cycle Time is the time we actually spend … creating the product. While Waiting Time is the … time spent waiting on the next activity. … The first step in Value Stream Mapping is to … create a Value Stream Map of the current way … of working. Let the team reflect … on the current value stream. Stimulate them … to identify bottlenecks and other impediments. … The second step is to determine improvements … with the team. Create an improvement plan … with a maximum time frame of three months … and carry out selected improvements in that period, … reducing or eliminating waiting time and … non-value added activity decreasing cycle time …
Learn more about Lean IT Foundation certification at https://www.leanitassociation.com/certifications/lean-it-foundation/.
- Value stream terminology
- Value stream techniques
- Flow terminology and techniques
- Pull terminology and techniques
- Perfection terminology and techniques
- Lean improvement terminology and techniques
- Lean management terminology and techniques
- Preparing for lean certification