- Why ITIL® matters for you and your organization
- Defining service management
- Identifying ITIL® v3 processes and functions
- Assessing ITIL® v3 roles, technology, and architecture
- Comparing ITIL® v3 and 4
- Identifying the 18 practices of ITIL® 4
- Reviewing the ITIL® v3 and 4 certification scheme
- Preparing to pass the ITIL® exam
Skill Level Beginner
- [Dave] Welcome to Learning ITIL. ITIL is the leading source of IT service management guidance and certification with over two million IT professionals certified. If you create, deliver, support or improve IT services, this course is for you. It's work it for you to get up to speed on ITIL because it's used in many organizations and embedded in many IT management tools you use every day. Knowing ITIL terminology, key principles and models sets you apart in today's organizations because with this knowledge, you can hit the ground running on teams and projects instead of hitting a wall without it.
That's why I wrote this course, to help you quickly get oriented on the what and why of ITIL V3 and four in a nutshell, including strategies for learning ITIL and getting certified. I'm Dave Pultorak, and contributed to ITIL Version Two and have been helping people learn and apply ITIL for over 20 years. I've learned a lot in that time about who should consider ITIL training and optionally, certification, the right way to go about it, the options and the benefits and down side of each and what to do at major version transitions of ITIL. So I'm excited to share this content with you. So join me in learning ITIL. I'm happy to be part of your ITIL journey.