List and describe the service operation functions, including: service desk, IT pperations management, application management, and technical management.
- [Instructor] Another foundational ITIL V3 concept…is the role and objectives of these four functions,…or departments, or organizational units.…As well as organizational structure options…for the Service Desk Function.…Let's have a look at the outcomes for each of these,…starting with the Service Desk.…The Service Desk is made up of dedicated staff responsible…for dealing with a variety of service activities,…usually made via telephone calls, web interface,…or automatically reported infrastructure events…and can be fully or partially automated.…Technical Management are the groups, departments, or teams,…that provide technical expertise and overall management…of the IT infrastructure.…
They typically drive the strategies and choices…for infrastructure platforms, products and technologies,…and provide upper-tier support for them as well.…Operations Management is the department, group, or team…of people responsible for performing the organization's…day-to-day operational activities.…Including things like doing backups and restores,…
- Why ITIL® matters for you and your organization
- Defining service management
- Identifying ITIL® v3 processes and functions
- Assessing ITIL® v3 roles, technology, and architecture
- Comparing ITIL® v3 and 4
- Identifying the 18 practices of ITIL® 4
- Reviewing the ITIL® v3 and 4 certification scheme
- Preparing to pass the ITIL® exam
Skill Level Beginner
IT Service Management: ISO20000with Suzanne Van Hove4h 50m Advanced
1. Service Management and ITIL®
2. Learning ITIL® v3 Basic Concepts
3. ITIL® v4
4. Certification Prep
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.