Describe the key differences between ITIL® v3 and ITIL® 4 at the Foundation level, including what stays the same (outcomes) and what changes (best practices in use today to reach those outcomes, given the shift from traditional IT infrastructure to cloud and mobile). Describe the differences and similarities between what the ITIL® v3 syllabus and the ITIL® 4 exam specification cover.
- Let's drill down into the differences and similarities…between the ITIL 4 exam specification…and the ITIL V3 Foundation syllabus module topics,…starting with services and service management.…Now you can see, both ITIL 4 and V3 Foundation…covered services and service management.…ITIL 4 introduces four dimensions of service management:…organizations and people, information and technology,…partners and suppliers, and value streams and processes.…If you're familiar with ITIL V3,…you'll know that these are roughly equivalent…to what was called the four Ps of service management in V3,…so the four dimensions, they really aren't new, per se,…but repositioned as dimensions versus Ps.…
A key difference is the pairing of information…with technology and value streams with processes.…These pairings better reflect the complete set of things…to consider in any decision or action…in service management, large or small,…and also better reflect today's organizations' more data…and value driven operating models.…ITIL 4 also introduces the service value chain,…
- Why ITIL® matters for you and your organization
- Defining service management
- Identifying ITIL® v3 processes and functions
- Assessing ITIL® v3 roles, technology, and architecture
- Comparing ITIL® v3 and 4
- Identifying the 18 practices of ITIL® 4
- Reviewing the ITIL® v3 and 4 certification scheme
- Preparing to pass the ITIL® exam
Skill Level Beginner
IT Service Management: ISO20000with Suzanne Van Hove4h 50m Advanced
1. Service Management and ITIL®
2. Learning ITIL® v3 Basic Concepts
3. ITIL® v4
4. Certification Prep
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.