In this video, learn the definition of Lean IT, the five lean principles, as well as the problems Lean IT seeks to address including defects, waiting, excess inventory, repeat problems, and the solutions Lean IT offers.
- [Instructor] There are a lot of Lean and Lean IT concepts. You'll learn some of the essential concepts shown here in this course. Here we see a definition of Lean. As you can see, the general idea is to be able to constantly improve products and services to continually satisfy consumers over time and changing needs and technology possibilities. For that to be sustainable, we need to deliver value to customers efficiently. Lean IT is the application of Lean to IT products and services. Here we see the Lean IT Association definition of Lean IT. Lean IT focuses on improving IT people, IT processes, and IT, to deliver more value to consumers of IT products and services. Here we see the five key Lean principles, customer value, value stream, flow, pull, and perfection. We'll explore each of these principles in the course, for now you just need to know what the five principles are. Here we see some of the problems Lean and Lean IT seek to address, and some of the solutions Lean offers. We'll explore these problems and solutions in this course, so let's get started.
Learn more about Lean IT Foundation certification at https://www.leanitassociation.com/certifications/lean-it-foundation/.
- Value stream terminology
- Value stream techniques
- Flow terminology and techniques
- Pull terminology and techniques
- Perfection terminology and techniques
- Lean improvement terminology and techniques
- Lean management terminology and techniques
- Preparing for lean certification