Discover how to work with Windows under the hood, manage users and groups, and maintain operating systems as you prepare for the CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) exam.
- Hey everybody, it's your best pal in the whole world, Mike Meyers welcoming you to Cert Prep 3: Windows and More. This is the third of eight courses which collectively will help you pass the CompTIA A+ Core 2 220 1002 exam. Now, when I talk about Windows and more, well first of all, it's a lot of Windows. The A+ exams really, really concentrate on Microsoft Windows and we're going to be diving deep. We're going to be making sure what is a registry? How do you boot Windows? Some of the more important tools like Task Manager and Performance Monitor are all going to be covered in this course. Next, we're going to go into users and groups and permissions. We're actually going to talk about how do you really share a folder, what's taking place underneath both in a workgroup as well as in a domain environment. Last, we're going to talk about maintaining and optimizing operating systems. Now, this is mainly Windows, but we're going to also touch on the Mac and Linux world as well. But mainly we're going to be talking about what are the big things that you need to be doing on an ongoing basis to make sure your individual systems are running the best they possibly can. So if you're following along on my popular A+ book from McGraw-Hill, you might want to be checking out chapters 12, 13, and 14.
Looking for study partners?Join the CompTIA A+ Exam study group
The CompTIA A+ Core 2 (220-1002) exam tests IT professionals on their understanding of operating systems, security, software troubleshooting, and operational procedures. In the eight-part CompTIA A+ (220-1002): Cert Prep series, CompTIA expert Mike Meyers helps IT professionals prepare for the Core 2 exam. In this installment of the series, Mike explores how to work with Windows, manage users, groups, and permissions, and maintain operating systems. Learn how to inspect running services, use Performance Monitor to closely track nearly every aspect of a Windows system, share resources using NTFS, and use the Task Scheduler to automate processes.
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- What is the Registry?
- Working with the Windows 7 and Windows 10 Task Manager
- Using Performance Monitor and Event Viewer
- Managing users and groups
- Linux and macOS permissions
- Security policies
- Working with disks and applications
- Backing up your files