Join Jerod Brennen for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know, part of Offline Application Security Testing Essential Training.
- [Instructor] Don't let the word offline fool you. We're going to be covering a lot of tools and techniques, equipping you with both manual and automated testing resources that you can use to improve your security testing efforts. Before diving into application security testing, you should be familiar with some basic security testing concepts. If you need to brush up on this, check out my course, Security Testing Essential Training. You should also have a basic understanding of the software development life cycle. The course Programming Foundations: Software Testing/QA is a great resource to help you better understand the SDLC from a developer's point of view. Normally, I prefer doing all of my training and testing using a small collection of virtual machines. I would encourage you to do the same, following along with the demos in your own home lab environment. This course, however, is an exception to that rule. I want you to be able to apply this knowledge as quickly and easily as possible, so we'll be using cloud services to help accelerate your learning. That said, I will be showing you enough information about the on-premise alternatives that you'll be able to dig in deeper once you finish this course.
- Security frameworks
- OWASP Top Ten
- Building Security In Maturity Model (BSIMM)
- Planning your testing projects
- Creating security policies
- Source code reviews
- Application threat modeling
- Offline testing for OWASP Top Ten vulnerabilities
Skill Level Intermediate
DevSecOps: Automated Security Testingwith James Wickett1h 35m Intermediate
Security Testing Essential Trainingwith Jerod Brennen2h 48m Beginner
Security Testing: Nmap Security Scanningwith Mike Chapple1h 46m Intermediate
What you should know1m 17s
1. Leading Practices
2. Security Documentation
3. Source Code Security Reviews
4. Offline Testing for the OWASP Top Ten (2017)
Next steps3m 18s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.