The CySA+ certification is designed for experienced technologists with a background in cybersecurity. In this video, Mike Chapple explains what you need to know as you prepare for the CySA+ examination.
- [Instructor] This course is designed for students who already have some hands-on experience with cyber security. While you'll probably find it a little easier to complete this course and the CySA+ certification if you have a technology background that's not a requirement for certification. If you don't have hands-on experience I encourage you to be sure to experiment with each of the tools and techniques that I describe in this course yourself. There's no substitute for hands-on experience. If you're a security professional with some work experience under your belt this course will help you fill in any gaps in your knowledge and build a solid foundation as you prepare to take the CySA+ exam.
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.