Computers are everywhere if one only knows where to look. What are the parts and the functions of a computer and what do all these devices have in common?
- Everybody uses terms like CPU, RAM, hard drives,…we've heard these terms, but in this episode,…I want to talk about what really is a computer.…Now, in order to have a computer,…remember why we have them in the first place.…It's to get stuff done.…We do things like generate spreadsheets or edit videos…or control traffic or play games.…No matter what it is, the whole function of a computer…is to get something done, either work or play.…
So the cornerstone of any computer…you're going to have out there are the CPUs.…So here's a couple of CPUs I've got laying in here.…Now, a lot of times, we'll say a CPU…is like the brain of the computer,…and it's really more like a super high speed calculator.…And what we do is we write programs…that the processor can then do stuff with…to manipulate peripherals and create these things…called files to get stuff done.…So we have these huge things called programs.…Now, programs can be applications like, say,…Microsoft Word, or Edge Browser, something like that,…or it could be a utility that helps us get on a network,…
- Communication skills for technical professionals
- Physical safety in the workplace
- Troubleshooting theory
- What is an operating system?
- 32-bit vs. 64-bit processing
- Virtual memory
- Windows editions and versions