Explore how to consolidate virtual machines and deploy host profiles and Auto Deploy within your data center. This course also helps you prepare for the VMware Certified Professional 6.5 – Data Center Virtualization exam.
- [Russell] Hi, I'm Russell Long and I have over 17 years experience in IT. This ranges from a layer one network technician all the way to a virtual data center manager. Now, in this course we will learn about the consolidating of virtual machines and the deployment of host profiles and auto deploy within our data center. The content will be focusing on the real world and VCP6.5 exam topics. I'm gonna show you some of the different options available with all of these technologies as we move forward.
Now, we are also going to go through some of the configurations in our lab environments. Sometimes we learn best by watching or following along, so I hope this demonstration process will help the information sink in. So, I want to welcome you to VMware vSphere 6.5, Deploy and Consolidate a Data Center. Let's go ahead and get started.
- Deploying images with Auto Deploy GUI
- Creating a host profile
- Attaching hosts to a profile
- Modifying a host profile
- Detaching a host from a host profile
- Consolidating physical workloads using VMware Converter
- Installing vCenter Converter
- Converting a machine using vCenter Converter
- Troubleshooting conversion errors