Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Vulnerability scanning tools, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Narrator] In this course, … I'm using the Nessus vulnerability scanner … to show you examples of real-world vulnerability scanning. … When you take the exam you should know … that this is just one of many vulnerability scanners … on the market. … Let's look at a few of the important ones. … Nessus, the product that we have been using, … is one of the oldest vulnerability scanners available. … It's made by Tenable … and is very popular among cybersecurity professionals. … Qualys is another popular network vulnerability scanner. … Qualys uses a cloud-based interface to control scans … that may be run using on-premises scanning appliances, … cloud-based scanners in Qualys data centers, … or a combination of the two. … Rapid7's Nexpose is another … popular commercial vulnerability scanning tool. … And OpenVAS provides an open source alternative … for those who might not have the budget … for a commercial scanner. … While most commercial vulnerability scanners … also include tools for testing web applications, …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.