In this video, learn the key components of a vulnerability assessment report that includes an executive summary, technical details, and remediation suggestions, along with ways to communicate the results.
- [Instructor] After completing a vulnerability … assessment exercise, it's time to deliver the results. … Now, there are a number of different ways … to communicate the findings. … Most tools have built-in reporting features … which include all the details … of the vulnerability assessment. … The lead analyst or manager … should compile the results of the test and prepare a report. … How you present the information … will depend on your audience. … The report can be formal or informal … and you can share using a detailed report, … executive briefing, … or even a dashboard to key stakeholders. … As you see, this dashboard provides a summary … and the dashboard can be modified … to however you want it look. … If you were in a company that's spread all over the country … or all over the globe, … dashboards are very handy to communicate results. … Now, when you share the results, … you can provide a detailed report or even a simple summary. … I'm at this webpage here and this is a sample report. …
Note: The Ethical Hacking series maps to the 20 parts of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH) exam (312-50) version 10.
- Common causes of vulnerabilities
- Identifying and assessing vulnerabilities
- The Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Outsourcing vulnerability analysis
- Leveraging Nikto and other vulnerability assessment tools
- Securing mobile devices
- Defending the LAN