Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Virutalization vulnerabilities, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Narrator] Virtualization is a strategy commonly used … to optimize the use of hardware … in both on-premises and cloud data centers. … Virtualization technology allows multiple virtual hosts … to run at the same time on a single hardware platform. … One physical server may run dozens or hundreds … of virtual servers, allowing all of those virtual hosts … to share memory and processing power. … From a security perspective, … this means that we have to be extra careful … to ensure that systems are isolated from each other. … Virtualization platforms use a component called … the hypervisor to restrict each virtual machine … so that it can only access areas of memory reserved … for its use. … The hypervisor also prevents virtual machines … from accessing memory belonging to other virtual hosts … running on the same hardware platform. … You might think of the hypervisor … as the security guard of the virtualized environment. … This separation of access is especially important … in a shared environment like the cloud, …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.