This course was created by Madecraft. We are pleased to host this content in our library.
- What is a dashboard?
- Identifying the underlying data
- Interpreting key metrics
- Navigating the John Hopkins COVID-19 dashboard
- Evaluating the IHME dashboard
- Assessing the risks and limitations of using the dashboard
Skill Level Intermediate
- [Instructor] As you already know, data is everywhere, and during the COVID-19 pandemic, we've seen dashboards become the tools governments, companies, organizations, and school districts are using to communicate and make decisions. The fact is, there's a lot to know about how to use dashboards effectively, and that's what I'm going to teach you in this course. My name is Jennifer Shin, I'm the founder of 8 Path Solutions. I'm on faculty at New York University. I'm a practicing data scientist, entrepreneur, and thought leader. In this course, I'll share how you can view and interpret metrics and visualizations. I'll get you familiar with what has become one of the most popular dashboards for the pandemic. And finally, I'll give you some key considerations and takeaways for using dashboards successfully. So if you're ready to better understand dashboards, then let's go.