Join David Yahalom for an in-depth discussion in this video Use the database cloud service console, part of Oracle 12c Release 2 New Features & The Oracle Cloud.
- [Narrator] Once you have created…a database in the Oracle Cloud,…managing it is very simple…and can be done directly…using the Oracle Cloud web UI.…When you access the Oracle Database Cloud Service console…you're presented with a list…of any existing services you have configured.…Services mean Oracle databases, in this context.…They are used interchangeably.…As you can see,…we have a single database created.…We can see the database name,…DemoDB, in our case,…the database version,…Oracle 12.2, which is Oracle 12C, release two.…
We can also see the amount of resources…this server has been configured with.…For example,…our DemoDB database is running on a server…with one Oracle CPU,…7.5 gigabytes of memory,…and has a total of 150 gigabytes of storage.…We can refresh the information displayed on the screen…by clicking on the small refresh icon…that's available in the top right corner of our display.…This is especially important…when you start or stop your Oracle Cloud databases…and want to see the progress of those operations.…
- Registering for a new Oracle Cloud free trial account
- Creating an Oracle 12c R2 database in the Oracle Cloud
- Configuring SSH access to the database
- Advanced database configuration
- Connecting to your Oracle Cloud database
- PDB resource management
- PDB cloning
- PDB flashback
- Read-only partitions
- Transforming non-partitioned tables to partitioned tables automatically
- Creating a table for Exchange automatically
- Automatic list partitioning
Skill Level Intermediate
Database Foundations: Core Conceptswith Adam Wilbert2h 14m Beginner
Database Foundations: Administrationwith Adam Wilbert1h 14m Beginner
Oracle 12c Database: Administrationwith David Yahalom3h 58m Beginner
1. Oracle 12cR2 DB Overview
Oracle Cloud overview3m 26s
2. Create an Oracle 12c R2 DB in the Oracle Cloud
3. PDB Resource Management
4. PDB Hot Clone
5. PDB Flashback
6. Partitioning Enhancments
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.