LinkedIn is one of the main ways recruiters search for job candidates. Learn why you should have a LinkedIn page—if you don't already—and the importance of emphasizing your security skills on your page. Understand which security keywords you should have on your page and why they help recruiters find you when searching for job candidates.
- [Instructor] With more than half a billion users,…LinkedIn is a primary resource used by corporate recruiters…to find candidates for their jobs.…If you want to be found by recruiters looking…for someone with your skills and experience,…you need to have a LinkedIn profile that stands out.…Did you know that LinkedIn profiles rank highly on Google?…Don't be surprised if it's the number one result…when doing a Google search on your name.…If someone is researching you because…they are considering you for a job,…they may find your LinkedIn profile from a Google search.…
This is another reason why it's important…to have a strong profile on LinkedIn.…If you don't already have a profile on LinkedIn,…create an account and familiarize yourself…with the platform then build your profile.…Your LinkedIn profile is the key to having people…easily find you and want to contact you.…Your profile page should make a good first impression.…It not only needs to have the right information,…it needs to be designed so that people can easily see…
- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.