Providing auditability, traceability, and accountability requires the maintenance of records and systems. In this video, Mike Chapple explains the logging, storage, and analysis of log events.
- [Instructor] Once you install a SIEM on your network, … you'll need to configure it … to understand your specific event sources … and receive and process security information. … The first task involved in configuring your SIEM … is making sure that it has all of the relevant information … about your network and systems available to process. … You'll need to configure each event source … to send relevant log entries … to the SIEM's centralized log repository. … Once you've pointed those logs at the SIEM, … the system can then begin analyzing them. … The centralized log repository associated with the SIEM … should be configured to act … as what we call a WORM repository. … That acronym stands for Right Once, Read Many. … It means that once the systems sends a log entry … to the repository, … it's permanently recorded and can't be modified. … Many users can read the information in the repository … but it is not possible to edit it. … This prevents log tampering and makes it difficult …
Note: This course is designed to cover the most recent version of the CCSP exam, released in August 2019.
- Block storage types
- Cloud storage security threats
- Encryption basics
- Choosing encryption algorithms
- Key management
- Public key infrastructure (PKI)
- Creating and revoking digital signatures
- Securing common protocols
- Data protection
- Information management
- Information rights management
- Logging security events
- Continuous security monitoring
Skill Level Intermediate
CompTIA Cloud+ (CV0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Securitywith Joseph Holbrook1h 31m Intermediate
1. Cloud Data Storage
3. Key Management
4. Public Key Infrastructure
5. Cryptographic Applications
6. Data Protection
7. Information Management
8. Data Event Auditability
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.