Networks sometimes fail. A good network tech knows how read symptoms and quickly diagnose a network to enable users to get back to work.
- Yes, friends, once again, The Great Mikestromi … is going to go through some of the different types of errors … that you might run into in a wireless network, … because they're listed on the A+, … and I want to make sure they're all covered, … so let's go ahead and knock out some of the great errors, … and Mikestromi will tell you how to deal with them. … Oh, before we get started, though, … a really handy tool to have around … anytime you're having wireless problems … is some kind of WiFi analyzer. … For me, the built-in tools that I can get for my phone, … or not necessarily built-in, downloadable tools for Android, … for example, WiFiman, can often be real big benefits … in terms of saying, can I see this network? … So a lot of times, if you have a problem with one machine, … and it can't see something, having another machine, … smartphones are great for this, who will go out … and look at their wireless networks, … can often correlate, and go, oh, he can't see it either. … So if you have two devices …
We are a CompTIA Content Publishing Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- How TCP and IP work together
- Special IP addresses
- Port numbers
- Working with DNS
- Basic and advanced router configuration
- Troubleshooting networks
- Connecting to a Wi-Fi network
- Repairing wireless connections