- Identifying your potential
- Targeting a career or specialization
- Researching jobs
- Locating training
- Shadowing cybersecurity experts
- Earning certifications
- Studying IT basics
- Revising your resume
- Applying for jobs
- Acing the interview
- Creating a professional brand
Skill Level Intermediate
- Cybersecurity is one of the hottest career fields today. Thousands of jobs go unfilled, and you've decided to help fill this massive need. Understanding your passions, skills, and experience can help you make the jump to cybersecurity. Regardless of your IT experience, you can find the right cybersecurity career for you, reveal any skills gaps you may have, and discover ways to gain the skills you're missing. Once you've identified the job you're after, tailoring your resume and practicing interview strategies will increase the chances that your transition to a cybersecurity career will be a success.
Hi, my name is Marc Menninger, and I have focused my career in cybersecurity for more than 20 years. I love helping others get started on their path to cybersecurity. Join me in my course as we work through helpful exercises and informational handouts to help you successfully move to a cybersecurity career.
Insights from a Cybersecurity Professionalwith Mike Chapple32m 15s Intermediate
IT Security Foundations: Core Conceptswith Lisa Bock1h 13m Beginner
IT Security: Key Policies and Resourceswith Gregory Michaelidis23m 44s Intermediate
1. Getting Started
2. Transitioning from an IT Career
3. Transitioning from a Non-IT Career
Studying IT basics3m 46s
4. Resume and Interview Strategies
5. Increasing Your Chances of Success
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.