Join Mike Chapple for an in-depth discussion in this video Third-party code, part of CompTIA CySA+ (CS0-002) Cert Prep: 2 Vulnerability Management.
- [Instructor] Software developers often depend … upon code created by someone else … to improve their efficiency. … In addition to reusing code within an organization, … developers also often draw upon code from third-parties. … Third-party software libraries are a very common way … to share code among developers. … Libraries consist of shared code objects, … that's perform-related functions. … For example, a software library might contain … a series of functions related … to biology research, financial analysis, … or social media. … Instead of having to write the code … to perform every detailed function that they need, … developers can simply locate libraries … that contain relevant functions … and then call those functions. … Let's take a look at an example … using the programming language R … that is commonly used for data science applications. … This is a simple analysis of data … from Social Security disability applications … over a 10 year period that's designed … to determine whether efforts to drive applicants …
We are a CompTIA Partner. As such, we are able to offer CompTIA exam vouchers at a 10% discount. For more information on how to obtain this discount, please download these PDF instructions.
- Configuring vulnerability scans
- Reporting scan results
- Barriers to vulnerability remediation
- Analyzing scan reports
- Common server, endpoint, and network vulnerabilities
- Software security issues, such as SQL injection
- Access control vulnerabilities
Skill Level Advanced
Learning Vulnerability Managementwith Lora Vaughn53m 54s Beginner
Learning Threat Modeling for Security Professionalswith Adam Shostack41m 41s Intermediate
Threat Modeling: Information Disclosure in Depthwith Adam Shostack29m 23s Intermediate
1. Creating a Vulnerability Management Program
2. Configuring and Executing Vulnerability Scans
3. Remediating Vulnerabilities
4. Analyzing Scan Results
5. Common Vulnerabilities
6. Software Security Issues
7. Specialized Technology Vulnerabilities
8. Access Control Vulnerabilities
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.