Learn about the basic concepts of ThinApp and how it has been the primary tool for application virtualization for years. Learn about the capture machine and sandbox, and what they are used for.
- [Teacher] In this video … we'll take a quick look at ThinApp … and how it can be used to virtualize applications … and we're definitely going to keep this one brief. … The primary reason I say that is because … ThinApp isn't going to be prominent on the exam. … As a matter of fact, I would be surprised … if I saw questions at all regarding ThinApp on the exam … but it's an important building block. … So, we're going to be talking about things like … AppVolumes and RDSH hosts soon … and what you really need to understand … is certain concepts of ThinApp … so that you can understand, sort of … where we're coming from in regards … to these new application delivery solutions. … So, AppVolumes, to a large extent … really builds off of ThinApp. … So, with ThinApp … here's how we can capture applications. … We can create what's called a capture machine … and the capture machine should, basically … look like a regular, old desktop … a virtual desktop. … So, I'm going to call this virtual desktop my capture machine. …
- VMware Horizon architecture
- Navigating options within Horizon Administrator
- PCoIP and Blast Extreme display protocols
- Linked-clone desktop pools
- Creating an instant-clone desktop pool
- Delivering Horizon applications
- Configuring roles and permissions
- Using Cloud Pod Architecture
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Horizon Architecture
2. Display Protocols
3. Full Clone Desktop Pools
4. Linked Clone Desktop Pools
5. Instant Clone Desktop Pools
6. Horizon Printing and Device Connections
7. Delivering Horizon Applications
9. Design and Automation
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.