OWASP provides the definitive set of threats, attack techniques, detection techniques, and countermeasures for web services. In this video, learn how to use the OWASP Switchblade testing tool to test web services using three types of attack.
- [Instructor] OWASP, the Open Web Application … Security Project, is an initiative which identifies, … ranks, and provides material to support … testing of web vulnerabilities. … It's free to become part of the OWASP community … and its material is free to use. … The OWASP Top 10 Threats is published annually … and used as a reference for testing by many pen testers. … OWASP chapters appear in cities around the world … and there's an active Wiki for users to share information … on the project. … Of recent years, it's expanded its remit … to cover mobile applications and internet of things. … The links at the top right of the home page … provide easy access to key materials … such as the Top 10 and the OWASP testing guide. … OWASP also provides some very useful testing tools … such as the offensive web testing framework, … or OWTF, and defensive capabilities such as App Sensor. … The particular tool I want to demonstrate in this course … is the OWASP SwitchBlade tool. … This is used to test how susceptible a website is …
- What is denial of service?
- TCP SYN, Smurf, and UDP flooding
- Deauthenticating a wireless host
- Flooding HTTP
- Using BlackEnergy
- Flooding a SIP server
- Detecting P2P attacks with PeerShark
- Defeating DoS attacks