In this video, learn what technology is useful in the management and monitoring of cloud-based systems.
- [Instructor] So, now let's talk about technology … and tool sets. … Keep in mind that we have a tendency to focus on this … far too much when we're building … our cloud-based solutions, and there's a reason why, … because this is where the hype's occurring, … the excitement's occurring. … We're going to conferences to learn about this technology, … and that's where everybody has a tendency … to focus their time. … So, those tasks with cloud operations, or CloudOps, … focus too much, typically, on these tools, … ultimately, and not enough on the processes … that they need to figure out. … And so, we're going to look at a tool … to save us when we should look at processes, … approaches, best practices as ways … in which we modernize our operational practices. … So, again, don't look at tools as your guide … to CloudOps excellence, that's more about people … and process, and if you think about it, … your tools are going to change consistently over the years, … where your people and processes should not. …
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring
Skill Level Beginner
Amazon Web Services Essential Trainingwith Jeff Winesett5h 2m Intermediate
Azure Administration Essential Trainingwith David Elfassy2h 45m Intermediate
1. Cloud Computing Basics
2. Cloud Computing Planning
3. Cloud Security
4. Cloud Operations
Next steps2m 6s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.