Join David Linthicum for an in-depth discussion in this video Target audience, part of Learning Cloud Computing: Core Concepts.
- [Instructor] Before we begin our course on cloud computing core concepts, I want you to know that this course is designed for those in the field of information technology. However, there is no prerequisite knowledge of cloud computing that's needed. This course is great starting point if you're interested in moving on to more advanced courses such as specific cloud technology skills. This course is geared toward all levels in an organization including staff, project managers, developers, administrators, and even executives. To make things more understandable, I'll make sure to define less understood terms or buzzwords as well as acronyms. Also, I'll provide foundational learning tools such as handouts that will assist you in defining your first cloud computing project.
- Types of clouds: SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS
- Identifying the data and applications to move to the cloud
- Migration planning
- Selecting a cloud provider
- Cloud security
- Cloud operations
- Approaching management and monitoring