In this video, Lisa Bock explains the fundamentals of Spyware, a type of Malware. Explore some of the ways spyware watches and captures user activity. Understand how spyware infects a system, causing extreme slow-downs, excessive pop-ups, computer crash. She will also cover how black-hat hackers use the collected information for nefarious purposes.
- [Voiceover] Malware can be grouped…in five different categories,…spyware, viruses, worms,…trojans and rootkits.…Spyware is a form of malware that is placed onto a system…by a number of different methods,…and is used by organized crime,…hackers, advertisers, and even countries.…Once a system is infected with spyware,…data is harvested by various methods.…Spyware can monitor screen activity,…capture keystrokes, gather web form data,…track your internet usage,…and also, allow an attacker to gain unauthorized access…to sensitive data,…and then the spyware phones home with the information.…
Once the data is collected,…it is many times sold to others for use in identity theft,…spam, and other predatory activities.…Spyware is designed to monitor your movement…on the internet,…such as places you have visited,…and some cases can hijack your connection,…and redirect you to other websites.…When spyware or anytime of malware has infected your system…it can cause your system to act in an upredicatable manner,…such as an extreme slowdown,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.