With the increased prevalence of mobile devices, spyware has made its way into the cell phone market. In this video, Lisa Bock discusses various attack vectors black-hat hackers use to infiltrate cell phones and tablets, to better equip you to protect your device. Explore recovery techniques to fix an infected device.
- [Voiceover] With the increased prevalence…of mobile devices, Spyware has made it's…way into the cell phone market.…In 2013 an app called Boyfriend Tracker generated…much media frenzy, as it was downloaded…by thousands in Brazil in only two months.…The app was designed to catch a cheating boyfriend.…However, spyware on a cell phone…is not a new concept.…Even as far back as the mid 2000s,…cell phone spyware apps were starting…to infiltrate the market.…
Cell phone spyware apps can monitor…all types of activity on a cell phone…and come with a number of different options…for monitoring and remotely controlling the phone.…There are a number of ways to get spyware…on a phone.…One is simply, someone has physical…access to your phone and then inserts…the spyware.…Another way is someone sends you a text message…with a hyperlink that is designed to get…you to click on the link…and then the spyware will be downloaded and…installed on your system.…
Once installed, spyware can monitor all…types of activity, including text messages,…
These tutorials, along with the other courses featured in the Ethical Hacking series, will prepare students to pass the Certified Ethical Hacker exam and start a career in this in-demand field. Find out more about the exam at https://www.eccouncil.org/programs/certified-ethical-hacker-ceh/.
- Acquiring passwords
- Generating rainbow tables
- Understanding where passwords are stored
- Defending against privilege escalation
- Understanding spyware
- Protecting against keylogging
- Detecting steganography
- How hackers cover their tracks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. System Hacking Overview
2. Gaining Access
3. Privilege Escalation
6. Hiding in Plain Sight
7. Cover Your Tracks
How to cover your tracks2m 34s
Next steps1m 2s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.