This video demonstrates server security through properly configured certificates and HTTPS bindings. Updates are also discussed as an important part of server maintenance.
- [Instructor] In the last chapter, we saw three different…Exchange management tools, and where they can be found,…and I made special mention of the need…to update the URL for the Exchange Administrative Center…if you've applied a different certificate.…Now I'm a fan of using your own certificate authority…if every device connecting to your Exchange server…is already part of your domain.…At the end of the day, certificates are all about trust,…and who can you trust better than…the authority that granted users access…to their accounts to begin with?…However, using a third-party certificate is important…if you want to allow users to connect…to Exchange using their own personal devices…that have nothing to do with the company.…
If you use your own certificate authority…for those devices, you're going to find yourself…supporting all of your employees' personal devices,…to install certificates into trusted root authorities,…and so on.…It is better in that situation to go ahead…and get a third-party certificate,…from someone recognized and trusted, like Symantec,…
AuthorScott M Burrell
- Planning and managing database storage
- Setting database requirements
- Storage architecture
- Virtualization scenarios
- Creating and managing mailbox databases
- Failure domains and SLA requirements
- Proper placement of a file share witness
- Site resilient DAG
- Troubleshooting database replication, performance, and database failure
- Planning for SLA recovery requirements
Skill Level Intermediate
Deploying Exchange Server 2016with Robert McMillen3h 1m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Client Access Serviceswith Scott M Burrell1h 50m Intermediate
Exchange 2016: Transport Serviceswith Scott M Burrell2h 24m Intermediate
1. Plan and Manage Database Storage
2. High Availability Mailbox Databases
3. Site Resilient DAG
4. Troubleshooting Mailbox Databases
5. Backup and Recovery Solutions
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.